All Saints’ Church is very grateful to Richard Rayner’s great grandson, Andrew, for giving the church the copyright to the prints on this website. The prints are shown below and clicking on each thumbnail will enlarge it. Richard, who is buried in our graveyard, was very much a part of church life at All Saints’ and the prints are a wonderful legacy of Orpington in a bygone age.
We would like to thank you for your interest in the prints and if you would like to place an order, this can be done by downloading the order form here order form.
- Indicate the number of prints you would like against their Reference Number in the appropriate size column.
- Remember to let us have your contact details so that we can post the prints to you and your email address and telephone number so that if we have a query, we can contact you.
There are three ways you can place an order:
- Print the form and complete it.
- Include a cheque for the amount, including P&P if applicable and send it to
RMR Prints, All Saints’ Church, Bark Hart Road, Orpington, Kent BR6 0QD.
- Download and complete the form and email it to email@example.com
- We will send you an email to confirm your order and the amount payable. (Postage to overseas varies from country to country.)
- Please call 01689 872317 with details of the prints you wish to order and their sizes.
Payment – three options:
You may pay by:
- Cheque – to be made payable to All Saints’ Church – and posted to the address above.
- Credit Card – please call 01689 872317.
- Bank Transfer – please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01689 872317 and we will give you the church’s bank details plus a reference for you to use when you make the payment.
If you have any questions, please call us or send an email and we will get back to you. Thank you once again for your interest in the Rayner prints.
Orders will be processed in approximately three weeks of payment being received. The prints will be sent by post (Royal Mail). We will send an email or call you when they have been dispatched.
Richard Manser Rayner (1843 – 1908)
Richard Manser Rayner was a professional artist who lived in Orpington from 1887 until his death in 1908. He came from a very artistic family. His parents were both noted artists and they had 9 children. Richard and 5 of his sisters were professional artists. Two of Richard’s children, Arthur and Ada, were keen artists too. (You can learn more about the artists in the Rayner family at http://www.dudleymall.co.uk/loclhist/rayner/rayner.htm)
Being a professional artist most of Richard’s paintings were sold, but he kept those that were unfinished or damaged in some way, together with some that were personal favourites. These have been passed down through the generations of the Rayner family and most of them are now owned by his great grandson, Andrew King.
Richard Rayner lived in Orpington from 1887 to 1908 in the then recently built Somerset Road, off Broomhill Road, a couple of hundred yards from the High Street. The paintings provide a fascinating view of Orpington when it was still a village. A few of them are by Richard’s son Arthur or his daughter Ada.
Given that Richard Rayner lived a comfortable life on the income from the sale of his paintings there must be very many of these in houses around the country, probably with several still in the Orpington area. If you know anyone who has one of these paintings Andrew King would be very interested to hear from you so he can add these to his list of works by his great grandfather. He can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Catalogue of Prints – clicking on each thumbnail will enlarge it and allow you to cycle through the prints.